Friday, August 20, 2010

Spearfishing in Puerto Rico?

I'll be traveling to Rincon, Puerto Rico next Thursday and will be staying at a place on the beach for 10 days...I am bringing my spearpoles and am hoping to catch some fish and lobster to cook up at the house...I've done plenty of spearfishing with spearpoles but I've never tried to catch lobster...any suggestions on how to catch these??Spearfishing in Puerto Rico?
Hi


You are not allowed to spearfish/sling the lobsters, but you can take them by hand or


lace, they need to be 3.5 inches from the eyes to the begining of the tail.


You will find the lobsters better at night with a flash lite in shallow waters,or in day time in the coral reefs, inside holes or crevices, .


There is a subspecies, that dont grow as large, but are xtremely tasty, no size limit, just dont take the ones with eggs.


Hope this helps, this is my email , if you need more help.


apneapre@hotmail.com


www.puertoricofreedivers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment